ER Champ 2022
The 3rd edition of the online competition consisted of 3 stages - stress test, elimination and final. Due to changes in the game engine, the stress test this year was held twice (October 8 and 27). The preliminaries were held on November 5, and the grand finale, for which 116 teams qualified this year, was played 3 weeks later - on November 26.
New to this year's edition were live streams on YouTube, which took place before the preliminaries and finals. They were hosted by Olga and Pavel, members of this year's ER Champ Program Team.
How many players took part in the championship? ER Champ 2022 in numbers:
- Nearly 2,100 players took part in the ER Champ 2022 eliminations
- Players have formed nearly 660 teams.
- During the 4 hours of this stage, more than 6.5 million actions were performed!
- 116 teams made it to the finals this year (100 regular + 16 wild card)
- There were 113 teams actively participating, with 409 players.
- Each team faced 40 puzzles.
- 95 teams completed the finals in the regulatory time of 4 hours.
- Players performed 1,111,278 shares this time
ER Champ 2022 Sponsor and Patrons
The sponsor of the Championship was Board&Dice Publishing, responsible for such titles as Teotihuacan, Tekhenu, Tabannusi, and the entire Escape Tales series.
Patrons of ER Champ 2022 were Escape Buzz, Rooms of Reality, The Escape Roomer, ESCAPETHEROOMers, Daisuke Yamakata and EscapeAll. Exit19.co.uk was the content patron.
Here are the prizes for the winners of ER Champ 2022:
- 1st place - a set of Nintendo Switch Lite consoles and a $200 voucher to use at the Board&Dice online store
- 2nd place - a set of our board games (Escape Tales: The Awakening, Escape Tales: Low Memory, Escape Tales: Children of Wyrmwoods, and The Book of Rituals) and a $100 voucher to be used at the Board&Dice online store
- 3rd place - a set of our board games (Escape Tales: The Awakening, Escape Tales: Low Memory, Escape Tales: Children of Wyrmwoods, and The Book of Rituals) and a $50 voucher to use at the Board&Dice online store
ER Champ 2022 winners
- 1st place: 6 Keys, USA
- 2nd place: CKCOS, Taiwan
- 3rd place: KAMT, Japan
The full list of participants along with times can be found here:ER CHAMP 2022 - OFFICIAL RESULTS
The ER Champ 2022 competition was divided into 3 parts, each with a separate story.
In a stress test, players visited a certain clinic for the first time, where interesting but also disturbing things were happening.
In the elimination stage, the players moved there again. Waiting for them were ready-to-use devices, suitable to help those reporting to the clinic. The players' task was to plug in and see what could be done for the clients.
The finale shed light on some mysterious plots that had emerged in previous stages. A note from Adam that players found at the end of stage 2 suggested that the head of the clinic was involved in some foul practices. After all, it's impossible that Mallory could be responsible for financial machlokes, but... who knows. This mystery had to be solved! Besides, the players have already helped two clients so far, so there are still 2 names left on the appointment list.
Thank you all for taking part in the competition and your support! See you all in 2023!